Nikkor AFS 16-35 F4 VR
• Nano Crystal Lens Coating
• Silent Wave Motor AF System
• Nikon VR II Image Stabilization
• Minimum Focus Distance: 11.4"
• Filter Diameter: 77mm
• Rounded 9-Blade Diaphragm
I chose this over the 14-24mm mainly because the front element does not bulge out. This lens has a field of 107° at its widest, that's just 7° narrower than the 14-24mm yet it will accept 77mm screw on filters. I use this lens for landscapes, cityscapes and some video work. I have a need for neutral density filters and polarizing filters to achieve certain effects. The VR is not really necessary for landscapes because i typically use a tripod but very useful for handheld video work.The first portion of this video was shot handheld with the 16-35mm vr, the second part with the 80-200mm 2.8 no VR.
Tamron 90mm f/2.8 SP AF Di Macro
• 11.4" (0.29 m) Minimum Focus Distance
• 1:1 (Life -Size Magnification Ratio)
• Aperture f/2.8 to f/64
This is also a great lens for portraits, very sharp with creamy bokeh as displayed below. Not a great portrait by any means, just displaying the sharpness of this lens.